POP loading......

Thursday 12 January 2017

Unknown

Etsako by-election: My ambition not based on my dad’s political influence _ Oshiomhole Jnr

Image result for Dr Cyril Oshiomhole


Son of the prompt past Governor head of Edo State and House of Representatives wannabe for Etsako Federal Constituency of Edo State, Dr Cyril Oshiomhole, has said his desire to represent his kin in the House of Representatives is a result of his enthusiasm to serve and not subsequently of the political impact of his dad, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. 

The Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, is required to hold a by-election for Etsako Federal Constituency of the state resulting to an empty seat left by Comrade Philip Shaibu who is presently the Deputy Governor of the state. In any case, Dr Oshiomhole, who is one of the individuals who have shown enthusiasm for the seat, said he felt affronted every time individuals ascribed his desire to the political impact of his dad.

 According to him: “I am a medical doctor, an environmentalists and I have travelled far and wide, and have seen how things happen. I have discussed with Nigerians in the Diaspora and they are disappointed with the way things have gone over the years until President Buhari came in. So, I am eminently qualified to represent my people since there is a vacuum now. I know what my people want and I know what they are going through. People forget that behind a successful man there is always a family behind him.”

 

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :